- 1 tbs dry yeast
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup Brownes Dairy Full Cream Milk (warmed)
- 4 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice 60 g butter
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbs apricot jam (for sticky buns)
- FLOUR PASTE
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Pop yeast, milk and sugar into a small bowl, and whisk together until yeast dissolves. Cover mixture with plastic wrap. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Sift the cinnamon, flour and All Spice into a large bowl and rub in the butter (the kids will love this). Slowly stir in the yeast mixture, currants, sultanas, egg and water. Cover with plastic wrap and stand for an hour.
- Use butter to grease a deep square tin. Flour a flat surface and knead until soft. Split the dough into 16 balls and place into the greased tin. Stand for 20 minutes.
- To create the crosses for the buns, mix flour and sugar in a bowl; gradually add in water until the mixture forms a thickish, smooth paste. Spoon this into a piping bag (use a snap-lock bag and cut a tiny corner as a good alternative) with a small plain tube. Pipe crosses onto buns.
- Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 160°C for about 20 minutes.
- If you want sticky buns, pop the buns onto a wire rack and brush with warm, apricot jam.
Add some extra tasty goodness to this family favourite with a dollop of Brownes Thickened Cream.